An Overview on Ads In Nepal
Ads in Nepal, the advertising industry is a relatively small industry but growing rapidly. With the country’s economy showing fluctuations in recent years, the ads in Nepal is an industry estimated to be worth approximately $150 million and is expected to grow at a rate of 12.7% from 2023 to 2026.
The ads industry in Nepal primarily operates through traditional media such as television, radio, print, and outdoor advertising. However, digital advertising is also gaining momentum in the country, with the increasing penetration of the internet and smartphones. The total number of internet users in Nepal has grown tremendously over the last couple of years which has led to the flourishment of digital Ads in Nepal.
Breakdown of Ads In Nepal by Channels
- Digital Advertising: Digital advertising is seen to be the most dominant medium for advertising in Nepal, accounting for approximately 34% of the total ad spends in the country. The major Digital channels include Social Media Marketing and Banner Advertisement.
- Television Advertising: The television (ATL) accounts around 28% of total ad spends and that being the Television. Some of the most popular television channels in Nepal include Kantipur Television, Himalayan Television and AP1.
- Radio Advertising: Radio advertising is also a significant advertising medium in Nepal, with approximately 4% of the total ad spend being allocated to radio advertising. The major radio stations in Nepal include Radio Nepal, Kantipur FM, and Hits FM.
- Print Advertising: Print advertising, which includes newspapers and magazines, accounts for approximately 15% of the total ad spend in Nepal. The major newspapers in Nepal include Kantipur Daily, The Himalayan Times, and The Kathmandu Post.
- Outdoor Advertising: Outdoor advertising, which includes billboards, hoardings, and banners, accounts for approximately 7% of the total ad spend in Nepal. The major players in the outdoor advertising industry in Nepal include Clear Channel Outdoor, Prisma Advertising, and Outdoor Advertising Nepal.
History Of Ads In Nepal – How Ads Nepal has evolved over the decades?
Advertising in Nepal has a relatively short history compared to other countries, as Nepal only opened up to the world in the 1950s. The first ads in Nepal were limited to print media and were mostly in the form of announcements and public notices.
The first official advertising agency in Nepal was established in 1974, called Nepal Publicity Bureau and it led to the foundation of Ads In Nepal. It was established with the aim of promoting Nepali products and services to domestic and international markets.
In the 1980s, radio and television broadcasting began in Nepal, providing new platforms for advertisers to reach their target audience.
With the liberalization of the economy in the 1990s, the advertising industry started to grow rapidly, and new agencies began to emerge. The Nepali government’s decision to open up the media industry to the private sector further fueled the growth of the advertising industry. And it became relatively popular, and we witnessed one of the classic Ads In Nepal done as a Television Commercial by Gorkhali Tire. Click here to see the Ad.
In the early 2000s, traditional advertising started to emerge in Nepal, and businesses began to explore new ways of reaching their customers through the traditional medias such as Television, Print Medias etc.
Today, the advertising industry in Nepal is a dynamic and competitive sector, with a wide range of advertising agencies and media platforms available to businesses. The adoption of smartphones and the internet has accelerated the growth of digital advertising in recent years, and more businesses are now using social media platforms and search engines to promote their products and services. The industry is continuously evolving, and advertisers are constantly exploring new ways of reaching their target audience through innovative advertising strategies and creative campaigns. Trust me Ads Nepal is going beyond.
Today, the Ads are all about storytelling, proper targeting, reaching the right audience and more. Creating a great Ads requires manpower, effort and creativity. And this has given rise to Digital Marketing Industry in Nepal. Digital Marketing is the most demanded industry in Nepal with 13,000-15,000 Job Openings throughout the Years 2022/23. Click here to learn more about Digital Marketing in Nepal.
As the Ads industry in Nepal continues to evolve, we will continue witnessing some great memorable Ads in coming days.